Website Terms and Conditions
1. General Site Terms:
The term ‘Speakific’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is The Hive, Dublin Rd, Carrick-On-Shannon, Co Leitrim. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of Ireland.
- You warrant you are 18 years of age or older or have the express written consent of a parent or guardian to access the Application, Service and/or Content.
- You warrant and undertake that you are human and you acknowledge that accounts registered by “bots” or other automated methods will be terminated immediately.
- You may subscribe to any one or more of our Membership Packages by following the Subscription process outlined on our Website. This will require you to provide certain personal details, including valid credit card details, and to create an account with us (Account).
- Your Subscription will commence when we activate your Account after you have completed the online Subscription process and will continue for twelve months from that date, unless and until cancelled earlier by you or us in accordance with these Terms (Subscription Period). We will confirm your Subscription via email.
- We will contact you at least 30 days prior to the expiry of your current Subscription giving you the opportunity to renew your Subscription with effect from the end of the then current Subscription Period. If you fail to renew your Subscription in accordance with such notification, your Subscription will expire at the end of the Subscription Period.
- Your Subscription is personal to you. You may not transfer your Subscription, or any of your rights or responsibilities arising under these Terms, without our prior written consent. You may only use your Subscription for your own personal use and not for any commercial purposes. You must not share with others any information which is not publicly available which we disclose to you as part of your Subscription other than for the purposes of exercising your rights under the relevant Membership Package.
Subscription Fees and Payment Terms:
We reserve the right to change our Subscription Fees for future Subscription Periods from time to time in which case we will notify you of such changes at least one month in advance. Any changes in Subscription Fees will not apply to a current Subscription Period.
You will be required to pay for your Subscription Monthly or annually in advance as further set out on our Website. Your Subscription will only be valid once we have received full payment from you.
Suspension, Termination and Cancellation
Except as otherwise expressly permitted in these Terms, you cannot cancel your Subscription during the Subscription Period.
We reserve the right to suspend or cancel your Subscription with immediate effect without liability to you, if:
(a) you fail to pay the applicable Subscription Fees in accordance with our payment terms; or
(b) acting reasonably, we determine that you have breached these Terms.
We also reserve the right to cancel or suspend your Subscription at any time upon providing reasonable prior notice and a pro-rata refund of your Subscription Fees if we determine in our reasonable opinion that we are unable to provide the Subscription benefits to you.
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by Speakific and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.
Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of Speakific. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, Speakific takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
Speakific is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Speakific may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 01/10/2014.
We may collect the following information:
- name and job title
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional email about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail.
- We may use the information to customize the website according to your interests.
- We may provide your information to our third party partners for marketing or promotional purposes.
- We will never sell your information.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyze web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyze data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to enable you to visit other websites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at johnny@Speakific.com
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1988 and 2003. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Speakific, The Hive, Dublin Rd, Carrick-on-Shannon, Co Leitrim.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files sent from a website and stored in the user’s web browser while user is browsing a website.
When users visit the same website again, the browser sends cookies back to the website allowing the website to recognise the user and remember things like personalised details or preferences.
Please note that if you choose to opt-out of receiving cookies, you may lose some features and / or functionality of speakers.com.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests.
- You block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
Except for essential cookies, all cookies will expire after you close your web browser.